Well if you are a coffee snob like me, then coffee is the fuel you live on. Not a day passes by without you drinking your cup of regular Joe but some days, one cup is just not enough.
Here comes the amazing magic of dual coffee makers. Not only do they serve single cups of coffee when you are in a rush in the morning but also brew an entire pot, enough for an entire family.
Dual coffee makers are rising in popularity with every passing day, so let’s take a look at some of the
Table of Contents
Features of dual coffee makers
1. Saves counter space:
With the dual coffeemakers fulfilling the needs of two separate kitchen equipment and also giving several other functions to operate, it is easy to think that it takes up a lot of counter space.
A student or an individual living in a small apartment may not have that kind of space but worry not since the designers of these coffeemakers have carefully crafted these models for your ultimate comfort and lesser volume and space.
2. Saves money:
With these coffeemakers giving two different brewing compartments, one for single-serve and the other for full carafe saving money comes a lot easier since there are a plethora of options available to customers out there with various prices ranges.
It is a great investment if you are a serious coffee drinker who consumes a full pot all by themselves or you host people who prefer drinking coffee.
3. Environment Friendly:
With the rise in the use of K cups and use and throw filters, the coffee maker industry became a top contender towards contributing the pollution.
So the engineers looked after this problem and came up with reusable filters and gold-tone filters. Now these dual coffeemakers come with reusable filter baskets.
4. Brewing functions:
Classic features like regular, intense, etc along with ultra-new features like gourmet, etc hit the markets every day with these coffeemakers. These features give you intense cups of regular Joe with nuanced tastes down to the very last sip.
Let us do a detailed review of the top 7 best Dual Coffee Makers considering their specifications, features, and Pros&Cons.
Top 7 Best Dual Coffee Makers for You
1. HAMILTON BEACH 49976 FLEXBREW COFFEE MAKER, SINGLE SERVE
Hamilton products are thoughtfully crafted to suit every individual’s needs. Hamilton uses consumer insights, in-depth research, and rigorous testing to fulfill people’s everyday needs.
Hamilton thinks about each of its customers and so the products come out to be the best. Since we are here talking about the coffee maker, HAMILTON comes with a range of products that completes every coffee snob’s needs.
The flexibility to brew from the comfort of your home is the key. From fresh grounds to K cup pods, the Hamilton beach brew gives you a variety of options to please people of all kinds that love different coffees and quantities.
This Dual coffee maker allows you to brew a full pot using your favorite grounds on the carafe side, or make a cup for yourself using the single-serve pod or grounds on the single-serve side.
- Single-serve: Brew with k cups or without them. Pod holder and ground baskets are included.
- Two-way brew: Brew a Single-cup using the single-serve side or make an entire pot of coffee using the carafe side
- Cup rest is included that adjusts to fit tall mugs and doubles as storage.
- Pod piercing needle removes for easy cleaning to prevent clogging
- The carafe side can hold up to 12 cups.
- Features programmable delay, auto-pause, and serve for 2-hour auto-shutoff.
- Each brewer has a separate water reservoir that has water windows to which brewer has how much water is left.
- In about 3 minutes you can a single cup of coffee from the single-serve brew.
- Item dimensions: 11.42×12.24×13.66inches
- Item weight: 6.37lbs
- Material: plastic
- Time-efficient: single-serve brewer gives a cup of coffee in 3 minutes
- Energy conscious: heats water during the time of brewing rather than heating it continuously.
- Pod piercing includes for easy cleaning.
- The single-serve side may drip a little when using a K cup.
- This dual coffee maker takes a lot of space on the kitchen counter.
2. CUISINART SS-15 Coffee Center 12-Cup Coffeemaker
Every culinary enthusiast loves Cuisinart, a trusted brand for decades. A fully programmable 12 cup coffee maker on one side with a single-serve coffeemaker with the option of 6, 8, and 10 oz. brew size.
Home barista filter cup so you can enjoy making a single serving includes reusable filter cups so you can enjoy making a single serving using your favorite coffee grounds.
There is a control panel fully automatic with 24 hours programmable, self-clean, Bold coffee option, temperature control, and auto-off. Cuisinart offers three sample capsule varieties medium roast, dark roast, and french vanilla.
All the capsules are recyclable; brew your coffee roast, let the capsule cool, remove the filter from the outer cup, throw the outer cup in the recycle bin, and compost your grounds. The water reservoir of this dual coffee maker is removable for filling water easily and a removable drip tray to accommodate travel mugs.
- 8 oz bean hopper with sealed lid, and strength selector.
- A charcoal water filter removes impurities
- This dual coffee maker comes with a 3-year manufacture warranty
- Bonus K cup sample pack and gear 16-ounce capacity reusable to-go mug
- Stainless steel milk frothing pitcher.
- Product dimensions: 10.1×10.4×14.2 inches
- item weight: 9.5 pounds
- shipping weight: 12.25 pounds
- Extra provision of travel mugs, which are BPA FREE.
- The self-cleaning option makes cleaning hassle-free.
- Spillages on the single-serve side of the coffee maker.
- Coffee grounds may get stuck sometimes in this dual coffee maker
3. Keurig K duo coffee maker, single-serve
Keurig has been one of the most trusted brands amongst customers for decades now. This perfect brewer brings the best features to the table.
The 12 cup carafe and heating plate keep the coffee hot for a longer duration. The pause and pour feature makes serving a snap, you don’t even have to wait for the entire pot to brew.
This model can pause for 20 seconds for you to pour your coffee the right way. The 24-hour brew feature allows you to enjoy freshly brewed coffee right when you want to.
Choose your favorite ground coffee or from a variety of K cups such as tea, cocoa, etc. There is a strong brew button for a rich and intense cup of coffee that has a nuanced flavor down to the very last sip.
This dual coffee maker comes with multiple brew sizes where you can brew 6, 8, and 10, 12 oz cup carafe for a big group of people, or even just for you.
- 12 cup carafe with a heating plate to keep your coffee hot for a longer duration.
- Use both ground coffee and K cups in the single server or pot brewer.
- This dual coffee maker offers you multiple brewing sizes.
- The model is compatible with a gold-tone mesh filter accessory (sold separately)
- The 60-ounce water reservoir is shared between the single-serve brewer and pot carafe which is removable, making it easier to fill.
- Brew a more intense cup of Joe using the strong brew option.
- Programmable carafe auto brew: program the coffeemaker up to 24 hours in advance
- Pause you coffee mid-brew for about 20 seconds and pour yourself a cup.
- This dual coffee machine heats once, so no need to wait before selecting a cup size.
- Package Dimensions: 16.2x15x14 inches
- Item weight: 14.4 pounds
- Shipping weight: 14.4 pounds
- Extremely time-efficient brews an 8oz batch in about 7 minutes.
- Single-serve brewer fits in the tallest travel mugs just like any other mug.
- There is a bit of a learning curve with this dual coffee maker, which can figure out after a couple of uses.
- Does not come with a reusable filter basket and needs filter paper.
4. DELONGHI BCO430 Combination Pump Espresso and 10-Cup Drip Coffee Machine
One of the best coffee makers on the list, Delonghi is a personal favorite. Being a serious coffee snob and espresso enthusiast I can certainly vouch for this brand and particularly this model.
The Delonghi combination steam espresso/drip dual coffee machine offers the best of both worlds. This machine gives you an espresso, cappuccino, regular cups of Joe, lattes, and even hot chocolate that tastes like perfection down to the very last sip.
This dual coffee maker can brew two drinks at once, with a drip coffee machine on one side and the cappuccino maker on the other. The espresso is steam prepared, which means hot water is pushed through coffee beans. The preparation delivers quality flavor every single time.
For drip coffee, there is a frontal loading system, which allows you to load water and coffee from the front which is extremely convenient. The 24-hour programmable timer allows you to have a pot of coffee waiting for you when you want it.
The warm function keeps a whole pot of coffee warm for about two hours.
- A gold-tone filter is included.
- Removable 40 oz water reservoir for easy filling.
- 24-hour programmable pump pressure bar.
- A manual frother mixes steam and milk together for all your favorite drinks.
- The active carbon filters keep water fresh and free from all impurities.
- The 10 cup carafe gives you coffee that is enough for a large gathering.
- This dual coffee maker comes with the brew-pause and auto-shutoff feature too.
- Product dimensions: 14.5x11x12.8 inches
- Item weight: 14.2 pounds
- Shipping weight: 16.35 pounds
- Makes delicious fancy drinks using the built-in frothier and pressure pump espresso.
- The stainless steel espresso is easy to clean.
- Spillage is a regular concern among customers.
- There is a learning curve for using the espresso, if not made carefully it may have a burnt taste.
5. HAMILTON BEACH 49980A
Whether you’re a steadfast pack user or prefer your own grounds, Hamilton will not disappoint the perfect combination of both the worlds.
The model has a sleek design that looks good on the counter. It is extremely efficient with every cup brewed under 7-8 minutes. The whole machine gets cleaned without any hassle. As I mentioned before, Hamilton products have been tried and trusted for decades and this model is no different.
One of my personal favorite on the list, for all the coffee drinkers and aficionados who despise the long café lines or need the early morning fix for those coffee pains, fear not! This affordable and low maintenance dual coffee maker that can brew basic and premium-roast coffee in a fraction of the cost at a coffeehouse. This is an ultimate two-way brewer.
- Two ways to brew the coffee – single serve and full pot.
- Using the single-serve function you can brew premium coffee in a regular travel size mug.
- The full pot function gives you coffee equivalent to 12 cups.
- The single-serve side works only with loose ground coffee or disk-shaped soft pods.
- Dimensions: 13.7×11,4×15.4 inches
- Item weight: 8.3 pounds
- Shipping weight: 8.3 pounds
- Zero-waste, on the single-serve function; uses a washable basket.
- This dual coffee maker is extremely time-efficient.
- Sometimes overspill from the single-serve function.
- The reusable filter is sold separately for the 12 cup carafe function.
6. CUISINART CHW 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
A piping hot fresh cup of Joe is just one of the features of this amazing model by Cuisinart. This two-way brewer comes with 12 cups programmable coffee pot and hot water system.
This dual coffee maker includes excellent features such as 24 hours programmable, brew pause, carafe temperature control, etc for ultimate comfort. There are easy to follow indicator lights that let you know when the water is ready, so you can extract hot water with a simple press of a lever, which helps you make your favorite soups, hot cocoa, tea, etc.
This dual coffee machine also comes with an amazing feature called AUTO ON, which helps you brew your coffee at the same time as the previous day. Just make sure the Function knob is on and press and release the ON/OFF button once more. The blue Auto On light will turn on.
- It has a separate Hot water system that has its own power button and a 54-ounce reservoir.
- The hot water system can operate separately as well as at the same time as the coffee maker.
- A removable drip tray leaves you plenty of room for travel mugs.
- 4. Easy to use the lever to dispense hot water.
- 12 cup carafe with a drip-free pour spout and comfortable handle.
- Fully automatic with auto-on and auto-shutoff, self-clean function, and 1-4 sets.
- Carafe temperature control offers a heater plate with High, medium, and low settings to keep coffee at the temperature you prefer.
- Brew pause feature allows you to pour coffee before you brew an entire pot.
- Easy to use indicator lights that let you know when water is hot and ready.
- This dual coffee maker comes with a limited 3-year warranty.
- The safety feature prevents hot water from being dispensed.
- Product dimensions: 10.2×9.5×14.3 inches
- Item weight: 10 pounds
- Shipping weight: 10 pounds
- This dual coffee maker is Bpa free.
- A charcoal water filter removes impurities that can alter the taste of your beverage.
- Front panel lettering may wear off eventually making it hard to read the functions.
- Cleaning the insides of this dual coffee maker may be a little hard.
- The single-serve does not brew coffee, it is just a hot water dispenser.
7. BRIM SINGLE SERVE K-Cup and Full Pot Multi-Brew Coffee Maker
With 6,10 and 15 oz single serving sizes for freshly ground coffee, the Brim trio multi brew system’s variable Brew size single serve function has all your on the go needs covered.
You can satisfy your yearnings for coffee anywhere with the DC pump system, specifically designed to deliver superior taste from your favorite K cup. The adjustable height drip tray in this dual coffee maker accommodates travel cups and mugs of various sizes for added convenience.
For times when the single-serve is not enough, the Brim trio multi brew has a programmable 12 cup function. Featuring a brew strength selector, this coffeemaker delivers a customized artisanal brew whether you take your cup regular, gourmet, or bold.
Wake up to a fresh pot of coffee on your busy mornings by programming your brew up to 24 hours in advance. Ensure optimal flavor every time and extend the life of your dual coffee maker by using the special cleaning cycle.
- Variable brew sizes: adjustable height drip tray accommodates travel mugs and cups of various sizes and is removable for easy cleaning.
- An easy to read backlit LCD display and brew strength selector.
- Brew like an artisan: inspired by brewing techniques and traditions from 1961.
- 24-hour programmable brew feature with auto shut off that customizable from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- A permanent filter basket comes included with a measuring spoon.
- Brim trio multi brew has a 12 cup function and pauses feature. DC pump single serve function is specifically designed to offer superior taste.
- Package dimensions: 16.7×13.1×12.7 pounds
- Item weight: 12.55 pounds
- Shipping weight 12.55 pounds
- Gives three different brewing features: regular, gourmet, and bold.
- This dual coffee maker has a Backlit LCD for easy display.
- No window on the side to see the water quantity in the reservoir.
- This dual coffee maker occupies a lot of counter top space.
Buyer’s guide to Select the Best Dual Coffee Maker
I am all for researching and comparing before buying any kitchen equipment. My needs should be fulfilled before I invest in something that requires working every day. I am a serious coffee drinker and espresso beverage enthusiast.
There are a lot many factors that need to be considered other than the basic function of the coffee maker. So here are some important tips to buy the best dual coffee maker of your dreams, so let’s get started:
1. Serving temperature: Some coffee makers give the coffee over ice feature whereas others give adjustable temperature options. In the sea of different brands selling two-way coffee maker, temperature control is often neglected.
I have seen customers complaining about their brand new $150 coffee makers that it does not serve coffee at a temperature, they are accustomed to drinking.
There are various dual coffee makers out there that have an excellent single-serve option but the full pot does not brew efficiently, since the temperature is not high enough, thus leaving a bitter aftertaste.
Hence temperature becomes an extremely important feature while purchasing a coffeemaker.
2. Serving size: It is another important feature when looking for the perfect coffee maker. Some dual coffee makers out there claim to serve a full pot carafe but the brew is so mild that when you brew a 12 cup carafe according to your own needs, you end up with just half the serving size which is an absolute bummer.
There are plethoras of options that give travel mug size cups of coffee from the single-serve function and additionally can serve larger quantities such as 8 ounces to 10 ounces.
3. Easy cleanup: Since these coffeemakers are big in size with a lot of machinery inside, it is very important to keep the equipment clean. There have been various cases of food poisoning from molds and bacteria that grew in crevices of these dual coffee makers.
A lot of the options in the market come with easy cleanup with an instruction manual on how to take care of the machine but there are a lot many products with great features but do not have options for cleaning the dual coffee machine without any hassle.
So make sure that you run through all the cleaning processes when buying a dual coffee maker before landing on anyone.
4. Counter space: Since dual coffee makers serve two different purposes from the comfort of a single machine, they are bound to take up more space on the counter.
People love to craft the look of their kitchen and the design of the equipment is as important as the functioning.
Large, chunky pieces sitting on the counter taking up a lot of space are never a buyer’s first choice; they are looking for the best aesthetically pleasing designs too.
The market is filled with various options to buy from but keep in mind your counter space available.
5. Easy functioning: If you are someone who wants coffee just after the very first blink of the eye and operating the equipment is something you do not want, then look for the 24 hours programmable feature, since it gives you the freedom of setting the best time for brewing your coffee.
The Auto Shutoff feature allows you to carelessly go about your day without worrying about switching off the equipment.
6. Carafe type: You may like either a thermal carafe or a glass carafe. The thermal carafe is designed to keep your coffee warm whereas a glass carafe cannot do the same without a heating plate.
Although heating coffee may lead to a burnt aftertaste, but if you are fine with it then it is a good choice, however, if this aftertaste is a big issue for you then go for a thermal carafe.
So, with all these various points highlighted in the article, I believe it gives you a fair idea as to what you are looking for, out there.
Sometimes my best guess is as good as yours and I think choosing one of the equipment from this list can be a life-altering experience for you as it definitely was for me. So what are waiting for? Go for the best dual coffee maker! Happy buying!