Technical Support is not much support.

Comments about Customer Service or Technical Support Personnel

Technical Support is not much support.

Postby tim » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:07 pm

When I had called to inquire about the slow speeds, they told me that they didn't promise I'd get 1.5mbps like I signed up for. I was told that I was promised 0 - 1.5 mpbs, and that my 80kbps I had that day was in that range - Therefor I was getting what I paid for. I digressed and told them it was false for them to be offering something they can't serve. I was told I should downgrade to the cheaper slower version, and I told them to upgrade their service to me. I told them I didn't want to downgrade because I would have to renew my contract with them. They told me that was true. I got off the phone when the person told me that I had too much spyware on my computer. I told him that I knew I didn't because I scan with three popular anti-spyware programs every day. It seems they are never at fault for slow speeds, its the consumer.
tim
Site Admin

customer servie from the tech line

Postby wwood » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:49 pm

i have had the service for almost two years and have gotten the best service out of all other tech support lines i have called for various reasons and different situations. i myself find this site very offensive and a disrespectful attempt to discredit the hard working and knowlagable technicians that are working 24/7 x 365 to ensure i have the service i need. so i will be sure to continue to spreed the REAL facts of the Clearwire Service personel. :D
wwood

your latency issues

Postby mike bills » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:19 pm

if you were to do a " Path Ping" test you would see that the latency issue that you are experiencing are related to the "trunk" and an "router" at address 144.228.147.701 i am sure that since you took the time to post here you must know something about computers? so take the time to research your "own"issues to see "why" what ever is happening is happening. another point is maybe you should clear your "ARP CASHE" to see if you can take another route around this router that it giving you a 100% packet loss at that hop. Why you insist on using "toast .net" to check speed shows you may not know as much as you think! as all it shows is how fast the "Host" is able to get packets to your machine. Hey i have an idea! try several different hosts, hmmmmmm why? well if you try 5 different hosts and get 5 different speeds , then maybe that will set the little light off in your brain , that says, wow this is not clearwire its something else. one should get ones facts straight prior to bashing any company......

mp
mike bills

Postby tim » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:47 am

I clear my "cashe" (which is cache by the way). I don't think you need to discredit my experence I have had with high speed internet. I have had previous internet service from other places and it's fine. I take my laptop else where and get on wifi AP's with higher speed internet. Besides, it's not just me. Other people I know in this area are experencing the same problems. I'm sure it's good elsewhere, but in this area - it is not. I'm sure that after a hard reset on the router, and a fresh format on the computer that all my issue would be resolved right? Wrong, it's not. There are other forums on the net that talk about the latency issues. Especially on the gamer forums. Maybe before you go thinking that my issues are issues with my setup, you should come to the realization that perhaps this company does have bugs. My main issue with this whole site is that I've called tech support and nothing was ever resolved. And when I called the local office, they were pissed I called in the first place. I have even had local reps tell me that the service isn't up to par in this town. I'm pissed because I'm bound to contract for service that is half-ass the potential.

Keep is mind, I have had local reps admit it is their issue.
tim
Site Admin

Postby ray » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:59 pm

Tim,

The only point I would disagree upon is that you have received horrible service locally. I personally have tried to help and as you have explained in our offline conversations are too busy which I do understand. So again I say... give me 10 minutes of your time at your home and we will work through the issue or come to a resolution. But without that.... I'm stuck on how we can help.
ray

Poor little T-Lo

Postby Anonymous_Tech » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:32 pm

HA HA HA HA your lame ass deleted my messages :'( poor little guy im sorry my replies intimidated you so much you had to delete them. i heard stories about you deleting messages but i didnt figure it true but than again what can i expect from someone with nothing better to do than whine about their internet what next gonna do a WOW sucks site and cry about sync times :( well i dont want to take away time from you quality time with your lays and girls gone wild tapes
Anonymous_Tech

Re: Technical Support is not much support.

Postby ladydragon » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:52 pm

timlopez wrote: I was told that I was promised 0 - 1.5 mpbs, and that my 80kbps I had that day was in that range - Therefor I was getting what I paid for.

whoever you are, you're an idiot. 80kbps is within the range of 0-1.5mbps. The site clearly states that speeds can get UP TO 1.5megs with the clearpremium plan. You were never promised 1.5megs ALL THE TIME. And if you were, then the sale rep lied I'm sorry to say. They do do that sometimes. Advice to any new customers, get copies of EVERYTHING that you sign BEFORE the sales rep leaves your house. That way you know what you signed up for.

...Also READING your contract before you sign might come in handy. That way you know what you are getting into.
ladydragon

Postby GreenMachine » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:33 am

ladydragon wrote:whoever you are, you're an idiot. 80kbps is within the range of 0-1.5mbps.

So is 0 (zero). Would you settle for that and pay your monthly fee with a smile ladydragon?
GreenMachine
Forum Member

Postby Anonymous_Tech » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:01 am

GreenMachine wrote:
ladydragon wrote:whoever you are, you're an idiot. 80kbps is within the range of 0-1.5mbps.

So is 0 (zero). Would you settle for that and pay your monthly fee with a smile ladydragon?

once again if we can verify we cannot get you a good connection we can cancel your service without an early termination fee so quit your bitching and prove it
Anonymous_Tech

Postby GreenMachine » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:59 am

I implore you to define a good connection and reference this in the Clearwire TOS.

The comment was made that the guarantee was 0 to 1.5Mbps. What kind of guarantee is that??

If the TOS were reworded to say "at speeds between 0 and [insert your subscription speed]" you wouldn't have many takers. Would you?
GreenMachine
Forum Member

Postby :ladydragon: » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:03 pm

The Terms of service are there for legality issues. Anyone who has half a brain should be able to realize that. And as Anonymous_Tech so eloquently pointed out, if Tim or you for that matter Green, would give clearwire a chance and actually let them PROVE you get bad signal you can cancel and be done with clearwire forever. However, according to ray, tim is continuously 'too busy' to accept help. Well he certainly wasn't 'too busy' to create this site now was he? If he could take time out of his day to make this site, he can certainly take time to allow a technician to come out to his home and verify the slow speeds/bad signal problem that he is having. Then he can cancel and be done with it. Instead he chose to spend his time bitching and complaining about clearwire. It was his choice to spend his time this way, so he honestly needs to stop complaining and suck it up. :roll:
:ladydragon:

Postby GreenMachine » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:02 am

[i]f Tim or you for that matter Green, would give clearwire a chance and actually let them PROVE you get bad signal[.]

My particular beef is not with the lack of a signal or a bad signal. I get a signal just fine all the time. My beef is with the deliberate shaping or prioritizing of certain protocols (i.e. throttling by signature of traffic) and the deliberate denials and vagueness with answers when Clearwire is confronted with this fact. Yes. FACT.

The Terms of service are there for legality issues. Anyone who has half a brain should be able to realize that.

While I may have slightly less than that, I do not let my stupidity allow me to make the mistake of thinking that Terms Of Service are for the other guys. The Terms of Service are strictly that, the Terms. Do you honestly think that Clearwire doesn't quote this TOS verbatim every time there is a complaint? Do you believe it is allowable then for the salesman to make any statement he wishes without being held accountable? Reading into your statement I believe you would consider this acceptable.

I am not privy to the hows and whys surrounding this forum. I only know that I stumbled across it after my ongoing discussions with Clearwire CS reached a head and I wanted to register the domain in my own attempt at some self-serving satisfaction. If Mr. Lopez hadn't registered this domain beforehand, I would have done it myself!
GreenMachine
Forum Member

Postby jrwatters » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:51 am

Anonymous_Tech wrote:
GreenMachine wrote:

once again if we can verify we cannot get you a good connection we can cancel your service without an early termination fee so quit your bitching and prove it

Really? Then why, pray tell, am I still having my checking account debited over a month AFTER I cancelled the service...even when I was not charged an early termination fee?

Bitch on, folks! Clearwire Sucks.
jrwatters
Forum Member

Your Clearwire Problems Resolved?

Postby To_tim_and_JR » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:08 pm

I've read your posts and find it amusing that Clearwires employees have gone out of their way to try to help you. Did they help you? Do they still suck?

I am thinking about getting their service. They seem like they've tried to do everything possible to help you and also told you how you can cancel your service without a fee. Did it work? Did you follow their instructions (i.e., wait 1-2 business days for accounts to update with cancellations) or do they suck because they aren't setup to do immeadiate cancellations (in my case I don't mind giving them a day or 2 since I'm not billed daily for my credit card, maybe you are different).

I'm very skeptical of your claims given the numerous Clearwire employee posts offering you help (have never seen any company give a rats ass about their clients like this until now) plus the $900 million Intel & Motorola just invested in the company (wondering why 2 giants would dump a billion into Clearwire if the company sucks as much as you claim).

Tell me why I shouldn't sign up after all of the help they've posted for you here... Did they screw you over and post incorrect information? Do they still suck (as in tim's website clearwiresucks dot com)? Help me keep from wasting my money if they're giving you a raw deal...

Thanks for your help.
To_tim_and_JR

Re: Your Clearwire Problems Resolved?

Postby jrwatters » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:02 pm

To_tim_and_JR wrote:I've read your posts and find it amusing that Clearwires employees have gone out of their way to try to help you. Did they help you? Do they still suck?

I am thinking about getting their service. They seem like they've tried to do everything possible to help you and also told you how you can cancel your service without a fee. Did it work? Did you follow their instructions (i.e., wait 1-2 business days for accounts to update with cancellations) or do they suck because they aren't setup to do immeadiate cancellations (in my case I don't mind giving them a day or 2 since I'm not billed daily for my credit card, maybe you are different).

I'm very skeptical of your claims given the numerous Clearwire employee posts offering you help (have never seen any company give a rats ass about their clients like this until now) plus the $900 million Intel & Motorola just invested in the company (wondering why 2 giants would dump a billion into Clearwire if the company sucks as much as you claim).

Tell me why I shouldn't sign up after all of the help they've posted for you here... Did they screw you over and post incorrect information? Do they still suck (as in tim's website clearwiresucks dot com)? Help me keep from wasting my money if they're giving you a raw deal...

Thanks for your help.

Did they help? No.
Do they still suck? Yes.

I don't mind giving them a day or two either. But, to continue debiting my account 30 days later, acknowledging same, and still doing nothing about it...well, what do you think?

But, please...please go ahead and sign up. It's your money.

In my letter to Clearwire, they have until July 12 to refund my money. July 13th, I file suit.
jrwatters
Forum Member

Next

Return to Customer Service/Tehnical Support Rants